Doing a detox cleanse can be a great way to kickstart your health, lose weight, and feel great. It’s also a good idea to know what you’re getting into, and see if what you’re feeling is normal.
* Feeling satisfied and not stuffed. I am amazed at how after eating a meal I feel very satisfied, but don’t ever have that stuffed feeling. The portions I’m eating are large too. And they’re heavy. Lots of brown rice and beans.
* No bloat! I can’t tell you how crazy it is to eat huge portions and not have my stomach expand like crazy. And my pants are never tight at the waist. I could eat a huge meal, and put on a tight fitting dress right after. It has me thinking that I’ve become so used to being bloated all the time, that I think it’s normal.
* Lots of energy after eating. I had become so used to eating, feeling full and then feeling sleepy. It was what I thought was supposed to happen after eating dinner. Not so! After every meal during this cleanse I’ve felt great, full of energy and ready to move on with my day. Normally, I end up laying on the sofa after dinner because I feel so tired. It turns out that fatigue has nothing to do with being tired from the day, and everything to do with the fact that my body is working so hard at digesting my food that I need to lay down.
* Learning what natural sweet actually tastes like. After drinking fruit smoothies without any added sugar you get used to the taste. It’s not even 10% as sweet as the smoothies you get from Booster Juice or any restaurant. It makes me shudder to think of how much sugar must be in those smoothies to make them that sweet! And it makes me happy to know that I’m kicking my sugar habit!
* Coffee. I want coffee. Badly.
* Cleansing is not good for your social life. We went to a Raptors basketball game. We were in a VIP booth. Everyone was drinking beer. And eating pizza. And we were sipping green tea.
* No wine = very hard. Wine is so good. And I can’t have any. It’s one of my favourite ways to start my weekend. But…I can’t have any.
* Cleansing can be very pricey! Buying organic, fresh, and all natural food can get pretty pricey. Especially since 2 of your meals are smoothies, which takes more volume of food to create a drink. If you were having juices instead of smoothies it would probably be more even expensive. For example, one glass of fresh squeezed apple juice takes about 3 apples to make.
* No Pinterest. You cannot go on Pinterest when you are cleansing if you are following any food boards. No kidding. Seeing all these delicious recipes is actual torture.
* Finding out you have a sensitivity to foods you love. Chances are high that you’ll find out that some of the foods you love don’t work for you. This cleanse I ate pineapples, and shortly after felt hungover. I instantly was very tired, had a sore stomach, and just wanted to lay on the sofa for hours. Ok, I guess I can’t eat that. For my husband, he realized he can’t eat curry. It’s one of his favourite meals.
If you enjoyed this article and know others would too, please share it on Facebook & Twitter (links appear when you click on the arrow below).
To get regular updates on living a balanced, fulfilling and fabulous life join our mailing list here: http://eepurl.com/tArTj